Here are the topics to watch at the next in-person, as well as virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, October 10, 2022 at 7 p.m.
- Administer Oath of Office to Commissioner Bryan Chapman.
- Proclamation recognizing Indigenous Peoples’ Day (October 10, 2022).
- Public hearing on an ordinance to add a Chapter 116 to Title XI: Business Regulations of the City’s Code entitled “Electric Scooters/Skateboards” and consider approval of the same.
- Consider resolution in support of expanding the Development District (DDA) license development district and revised Off-Premise and On-Premise Liquor License Policy.
- Consider resolutions #1 and #2 to commence the proceedings for special assessment, tentatively determine the necessity and set a public hearing for October 24, 2022 regarding the necessity of Special Assessment District #3-22.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City Commission Meeting will be held in person in the City Chambers/City Hall (320 W. Broadway Street) with virtual attendance options as well. Non-voting participants may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
If a virtual option becomes unavailable due to technical difficulties, the meeting will continue as scheduled. Residents who would like to provide a comment during the appropriate time are welcome to come to the meeting at City Hall, or email their statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To participate via Zoom:
Meeting ID: 834 8631 3828
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting.
Virtual attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
- Members of the public are asked to provide their name and address with any comments.
- Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting, or during the meeting via email to email@example.com. Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment period.
Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Assmann email@example.com
Elizabeth Busch firstname.lastname@example.org
Maureen Eke email@example.com
Amy Perschbacher firstname.lastname@example.org
George Ronan email@example.com
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.