Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, September 27, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Mayor Joseph read a proclamation recognizing October 10, 2021 as Bowlers Hall of Fame Day.
Public Safety Director Paul Lauria introduced and swore in Mt. Pleasant Police Officer Brandon Crawford.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held September 13, 2021 with corrections to recess of closed session and comment of Commissioner Tolas.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held September 13, 2021.
3) Bid of Greenscene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for Downtown Sidewalk Snow Removal 2021-2022 snow season.
4) Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the contract with Consumers Energy for the Water Treatment Plant rate change as presented.
5) Accepted ownership of three properties designated on the quit claim deed from the Economic Development Corporation as presented.
6) Authorized the Mayor to sign the three-year contract extension for third party administration (TPA) with Trustmark.
7) Approved Resolution Extending Conditional Approval of a recreational marihuana microbusiness for Rio’s Happy Tree, LLC.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and approved the Industrial Pretreatment Program (PPI) including Ordinance 1074, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 51: SEWERS of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances.
Approved Resolution to set fees related to the Industrial Pretreatment Program (PPI).
Approved amended Capital Project Special Assessment Policy.
Approved resolutions #3 and #4 for Special Assessment District #1-21 regarding pedestrian lighting and set a public hearing for October 11, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
Commissioners each identified their top 5 priorities for Fall 2021 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe 2% funding requests from City Departments.
Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the purchase agreement with Pat Jarman for land in Industrial Park South.
Held a work session discussion on report from Ad Hoc Committee regarding local businesses.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:03 p.m.