Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, July 26, 2021, at 7:02 p.m.
Introduced recently hired City employees; Braxton Gomez Police Officer; Alan Mosher Parks and Public Spaces I; and Philip Biscorner Director of Parks and Public Spaces.
Public Safety Director Lauria swore in Officer Braxton.
MMDC President James McBryde gave a quarterly update for the Middle Michigan Development Corporation.
Marc Griffis, Isabella County Emergency Management Director, gave a presentation on the Isabella County Central Dispatch proposition for renewal of 9-1-1 surcharge.
Latherio Agoff gave a presentation on Limitless Outdoors, a non-profit organization with the mission to give outdoor opportunities to people with disabilities. They are looking for assistance and donations for the cause. You can contact Limitless Outdoors via email or by phone, LMK1211@aol.com or (989)506-5673 or follow them on Facebook at LimitlessOutdoors Foundation.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held July 12, 2021.
2) Contract amendment with JCI Jones Chemicals of Riverview, MI, for caustic soda.
3) Authorized the Mayor to sign the 2020-2024 Mt. Pleasant Housing Commission Environmental Review for submission.
4) Resolution approving submittal of the grant application to the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs for the 2022 Paint the Pavement project.
5) Resolution for final approval for TCO #3-2021.
6) Resolution for final approval for TCO #4-2021.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Approved rescinding prior City liquor license polices, adopting two new liquor license policies, and approved the application fee resolution as presented. (CC Exh. 10-2021)
Authorized the Public Safety Director to represent the City in the State of Michigan pyrotechnic display application process. Fireworks display to be a part of the 2021 Christmas Celebration (December 4, 2021).
Moved to accept the initiative petition received under the MRTMA and approved the Resolution to Approve Ballot Language as presented for the November 2, 2021 election.
Approved resolution extending conditional authorization for LowKey Properties LLC medical marihuana Class A grower license at 1110 N. Fancher as presented.
Held a Work Session discussion on Principal Shopping District (PSD) Special Assessment.
Adjourned at 8:45 p.m.