Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, August 9, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing on an ordinance to amend Section 154.410.B.4 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update special use permit conditions and requirements for two-family dwellings and consider approval of the same.
- Public hearing on an ordinance to amend Section 154.410.B.4 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update special use permit conditions and requirements for accessory dwelling units and consider approval of the same.
- Public hearing on an ordinance to amend section 154.410.B and table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to permit multiple-family dwellings as a special use in the CD-3-character district and consider approval of the same.
- Consider resolutions #1 and #2 to commence the proceedings for special assessment, tentatively determine the necessity, and set a public hearing for August 23, 2021, regarding the necessity of Special Assessment District #1-21 for pedestrian lighting.
- Consider resolutions #1 and #2 to commence the proceedings for special assessment, tentatively determine the necessity, and set a public hearing for August 23, 2021, regarding the necessity of Special Assessment District #2-21 for Principal Shopping District special assessment.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, as allowed under the Open Meetings Act and consistent with the Isabella County Declaration of a State of Emergency (Resolution No. 20-12-03 effective 12-15-20), the City Commission Meeting will be held virtually. The public may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Phone dial-in: (301) 715-8592
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
Attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
• Members of the public must provide their name and address with their comments.
• Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting in writing or emailed to email@example.com.
• Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivia Cyman email@example.com
Lori Gillis firstname.lastname@example.org
William Joseph email@example.com
Amy Perschbacher firstname.lastname@example.org
George Ronan email@example.com
Pete Tolas firstname.lastname@example.org
• Comments/Questions can be emailed to email@example.com during the meeting and during normal public comment sections of the agenda.
• Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment periods.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.