Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, September 24, 2018, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Mayor Lents read and presented a proclamation in support of United Way Week – September 23-29, 2018.
Fire Lieutenant Randy Keeler gave a presentation on the City’s Fire Department.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held September 10, 2018.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held September 10, 2018.
3) Bid of McKenna and Associates of Northville, MI for Master Plan Consultant project and authorized the Mayor to sign the appropriate contract documents.
4) Received a proposed Ordinance to amend Chapters 30 and 31.01 of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances and set a public hearing for Monday, October 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. to hear public comment on same.
5) Received a proposed Ordinance to amend Section 98.37 of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances regarding snow and ice removal and set a public hearing for Monday, October 8, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. to hear public comment on same.
6) Purchase-buyback of 11 trucks from Krapohl Ford and appropriate budget amendment.
7) Resolution for fireworks display permits.
8) Warrants and Payrolls
Held a public hearing and adopted resolution approving Application of American Mitsuba Corporation for Industrial Facilities Exemption Certificate for a New Facility.
Awarded the contract for 2018-2021 Airport Snow Removal to Pat McGuirk Excavating, Inc. of Mt. Pleasant, MI.
Received Commissioners’ top rankings for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations.
Approved resolution setting the initial receipt deadline date for medical marihuana facility license applications as presented.
Held work session on 2019 Operating Budget.
Postponed work session discussion on feedback received on potential Property Maintenance Standards to a future date not yet determined.
Adjourned at 9:13 p.m.
You must be logged in to post a comment.