Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, September 13, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held August 21, 2021.
2) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held August 23, 2021.
3) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held August 23, 2021.
4) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held August 26, 2021.
5) Bid of Pat McGuirk Excavating, Inc. for 2021-2024 Airport Snow Removal.
6) Bid of Escon Group for the purchase of two motor control center replacements and the appropriate budget amendment.
7) Contract amendment with JCI Jones Chemicals for sodium hypochlorite purchases.
8) Authorized the Mayor to sign the amendment to the parking enforcement agreement with CMU as presented.
9) Confirmed contract amendment with Isabella Corporation for storm sewer construction and the appropriate budget amendment.
10) Received proposed 2022 Annual Operating Budget and set a public hearing for November 8, 2021.
11) Resolution to amend the 2021 Operating Budget.
12) Received fall 2021 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal 2% funding requests from city departments.
13) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and approved the resolution for a Redevelopment Liquor License for TNC Holdings, LLC at 203/205 W. Broadway St.
Held a public hearing and postponed action on PSD S.A. District #2-21 until the October 25th regular meeting to permit UUFCM time to reach a parking agreement with the library.
Held a public hearing and approved the resolution to rescind the recommendation for revocation of the Dayco Industrial Facilities Tax (IFT) abatement; and approved the resolution in support of transferring the Dayco Industrial Facilities Tax (IFT) abatement to MAC Liquid Truck Trailer (MAC LTT).
Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign a three-year agreement with Infosend, Inc. of Downers Grove, IL, for bill data processing, printing and mailing services.
Approved the employment agreement for City Manager position with Aaron Desentz.
Approved the amended Outdoor Dining Policy.
Approved Resolution Temporarily Permitting the Approval of Permanent Outdoor Dining Areas under Administrative Review. (CC Exh 12-2021)
Approved the scheduling of a work session discussion on the possibility of an outdoor ice rink at Island Park in the immediate future.
Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(e) of the Open Meetings Act to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure relating to 3 Is Enough v. City Clerk, COA Case No. 358405; Isabella Circuit Court Case No. 21-017193-AW.
Postponed the work session discussion on report from Ad Hoc Committee regarding local businesses to a future work session.
Adjourned meeting at 10:02 p.m.