Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, April 8, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. in the City Commission Chambers.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held March 25, 2019.
2) Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held March 30, 2019.
3) Bid of Central Asphalt Co., of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2019 Street Overlay Project.
4) Bid of Lakeshore Construction of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2019 Sidewalk Replacement Project.
5) Bid of Asphalt Restoration, Inc. of Kalamazoo, MI for the 2019 Crack Sealing Project.
6) Receive 2020-2025 proposed Capital Improvement Plan and set a public hearing for Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
7) Receive requested information on sidewalk snow removal.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1042, an
Ordinance to amend Chapter 113 of the City code regarding telecommunications companies within the public right-of-way.
Approved Outdoor Dining License for Brass Café.
Confirmed purchase of 500 tons of road salt under the 2018-2019 State of Michigan MiDeal Extended Purchasing Program; and authorized an advanced commitment to purchase 500 tons of road salt for early delivery and up to 800 tons as seasonal backup for the 2019-2020 season from State of Michigan MiDeal Extended Purchasing Program.
Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the contract with Coucke Property Services, LLC at the current rates with a consumer price index (CPI) increase factor effective 2020.
Approved continued appointment of Chris Coucke, through Coucke Property Services, LLC, as the Mt. Pleasant City Assessor.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:01 p.m.