Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, April 22, 2019, at 7:01 p.m., in the City Commission Chambers.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held April 8, 2019.
2) Bid of Green Scene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2019 grounds mowing.
3) Bid of Insituform Technologies USA, LLC of Chesterfield, MO, for the 2019 Sewer Relining Project.
4) Bid of Fisher Transportation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2019 Street Sweeping Disposal Project.
5) Bid of Rowe Professional Services Company of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the Island Park Fitness Trail and Bridge Project.
6) MDOT resolution for MDOT Contract 19-5115 authorizing the approval of a contract for reimbursement of funds for the 2019 West Broadway Street over the Chippewa River Scour Protection Project and approved an amendment to the 2019 Parks budget for the Nelson Park riprap work.
7) Receive proposed Ordinance to amend Subsection 154.414.B.4.k. of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to correct a scrivener’s error within the general sign provisions and set a public hearing for May 13, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the contract amendment with Consumers Energy for the 35 fixtures recently upgraded. In addition, approve authority for the City Manager to sign future contract amendments for high pressure sodium lights to LED replacements.
Approved a six-month trial program for delivery vehicle permits in the Central Business District.
Approved changes to the Purchasing Policy as recommended including when quotes and bids are required and the dollar threshold for approval.
The Commission recessed at 8:23 p.m. and went into a work session at 8:32 p.m.
Held a work session discussion on the 2020 – 2025 Capital Improvement Plan.
Adjourn the meeting at 9:33 p.m.