Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, October 26, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Consider resolution to adopt Mid-Michigan Aquatic Recreational Authority Isabella County, MI Articles of Incorporation.
- Consider extending the authority for utility billing payment plans and reinstating utility billing shut offs.
- Set a public hearing for November 23, 2020 on the expected Planning Commission recommendation to amend section 154.405.A to update standards in the CD-3L, CD-3 and CD-4 zoning districts regarding residential housing standards.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is following federal, state and county health officials’ recommendations while still providing valuable City services.
Even though the City Commission meeting will take place as scheduled, it will be an electronically conducted meeting as allowed by Michigan Senate Bill 1108, allowing public bodies to meet remotely. City Commission Chambers will be closed to the public.
Citizens can watch the City Commission meeting live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Zoom Meeting information
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item must email their comments.