Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, August 23, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing on an ordinance to amend Chapter 97: Parks and Recreation and consider approval of the same.
- Public hearing on the necessity of public improvement; and set a public hearing for September 13, 2021 for Special Assessment District #1-21 regarding pedestrian lighting, and Special Assessment District #2-21 regarding Principal Shopping special assessment.
- Receipt of application for transfer of Industrial Facilities Tax from MAC Liquid Truck Trailer and set a public hearing for September 13, 2021 on the same.
- Receipt of amendments to sewer ordinance and set a public hearing for September 27, 2021 on the same.
- Consider approval of lighting agreement with the Friends of the Dog Park for lighting at Hannah’s Bark Park.
- Review and discuss City Manager candidates and consider entering into contract negotiations with the top candidate.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, as allowed under the Open Meetings Act and consistent with the Isabella County Declaration of a State of Emergency (Resolution No. 20-12-03 effective 12-15-20), the City Commission Meeting will be held virtually. The public may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item may email their comments.
Attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
• Members of the public must provide their name and address with their comments.
• Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting in writing or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager email@example.com
Olivia Cyman firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Gillis email@example.com
William Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Perschbacher email@example.com
George Ronan firstname.lastname@example.org
Pete Tolas email@example.com
• Comments/Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org during the meeting and during normal public comment sections of the agenda.
• Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment periods.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.