Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, August 9, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Item #18: “Consider action to be taken regarding Charter Amendment Ballot Language to Change the Term of Office for Commission Members.” was added to the agenda without objection.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held August 26, 2021.
2) Bid of R&T Murphy of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2021-2022 leaf hauling and 2021-2023 snow hauling.
3) Bid of Topcon Solutions Store of Niles, MI for the purchase of the robotic total station and approve a budget amendment.
4) Approved contract with Fishbeck of Grand Rapids, MI for design and construction engineering for WRRF upgrades and the appropriate budget amendment.
5) Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 97: Parks and Recreation and set a public hearing for Monday, August 23, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
6) Approved Resolutions #1 and #2 to commence proceedings for pedestrian lighting Special Assessment 1-2021, and set public hearing for August 23, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
7) Approved Resolutions #1 and #2 to commence proceedings for PSD Special Assessment 2-2021, and set public hearing for August 23, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held Public Hearings and passed, ordained and ordered published:
a) Ordinance 1070, to amend Section 154.410.B.4 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update special use permit conditions and requirements for two-family dwellings;
b) Ordinance 1071, to amend Section 154.410.B.4 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update special use permit conditions and requirements for accessory dwelling units;
c) Ordinance 1072, to amend section 154.410.B and table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to permit multiple-family dwellings as a special use in the CD-3-character district.
Approved prepayment of the full special assessment amount for the Mission Creek Drain.
Assessment and the appropriate 2021 budget amendments as recommended.
Approved the resolution as drafted in support of final approval of Traffic Control Order 7-2021.
Approved the appropriate budget amendment to accept the donation of the Morey Foundation and award the prizes to Battle of the Local Voices winners.
Approved and conducted closed session pursuant to subsection 8(f) of the Open Meetings Act to review and consider the contents of an application for employment or appointment to public office if the candidate requests their application remain confidential.
Approved the Resolution to Rescind July 12, 2021 Resolution to Approve Charter Amendment Ballot Language to Change the Term of Office for Commission Members. (CC Exh 11-2021)
Approved City Manager Candidates #40, #49, #55, and #56 to be offered public interviews, to be conducted on August 21, 2021.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:30 p.m.