Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, April 11, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
Added Item #23, Broadway Central, to the agenda.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
5) Minutes of the meeting of the CC held March 28th.
6) Set a public hearing for April 25 at 7:00 p.m. on a redevelopment liquor license for Jib-Bob, LLC.
7) Set a public hearing for April 25 at 7:00 p.m. to obtain public input on the CDBG Water Related Infrastructure Program.
8) Received proposed 2023-2028 CIP and set a public hearing for May 23 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
9) Amendment to the Consumers Energy Demand Response Agreement for continuation in the program, and authorized the Mayor to sign the Agreement.
10) Set a public hearing for May 23 at 7:00 p.m. for presentation of the Phase II Project Plan for upgrades at the WRRF.
11) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and postponed action on proposed amendment to Chapter 112. Medical Marihuana Facilities of the Code of Ordinances to update standards for medical marihuana facilities.
Held a public hearing and postponed action on proposed amendment to, Chapter 115. Recreational Marihuana Establishments of the Code of Ordinances to update standards for adult-use marihuana establishments.
Postponed the public hearing on the MEDC Revitalization and Placemaking Grant proposal.
Held a public hearing and approved the MEDC Public Gathering Spaces Grant application and resolution.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1076, an Ordinance to amend Article VII of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update the definition of liquor store.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1077, an Ordinance to amend Sections 154.103, 154.613 and 154.615 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances regarding the types of improvements and applications requiring site plan review and approval.
Designated the five precincts and their locations as presented to be implemented beginning with the August primary election.
Appointed Dr. Amanda Garrison to the Historic District Commission as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Placed the issue of Broadway Central on the April 25th meeting agenda and instructed staff to create an action plan providing a list of events and a proposed budget amendment.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to MCL 15.268(1)(E) to consult with the city attorney regarding trial or settlement strategy in connection with Taco Boy of Mount Pleasant, Inc., v City of Mt. Pleasant, Circuit Court Case No. 22-27612-AA.
Approved proposed settlement in the case of Taco Boy of Mount Pleasant, Inc., v City of Mt. Pleasant and instructed the City Attorney to enter into the proposed agreement.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:38 p.m.