Here are the topics to watch at the next in-person, as well as virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, March 14, 2022 at 7 p.m.
- Consider property transfer from Central Business District/Tax Increment Finance Authority (CBD/TIFA).
- Consider budget amendment for preliminary design and cost estimates for Town Center civic space.
- Receive recommended text change to amend Article VII of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update the definition of liquor store and set a public hearing for April 11, 2022 on the same.
- Receive recommended text change to amend Sections 154.103, 154.613 and 154.615 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances regarding the types of improvements and applications requiring site plan review and approval and set a public hearing for April 11, 2022 on the same.
- Public hearing on recommended text change to Section 154.414 to update band sign standards and delete reference to downtown Mt. Pleasant signage design guidelines and consider approval of the same.
- Public hearing on Green Tree Cooperative Grocery job creation accomplishment through the Michigan Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program and authorize the Mayor to sign the required documentation on the same.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City Commission meeting will be held in person in the City Chambers/City Hall (320 W. Broadway Street) with virtual attendance options as well. Non-voting participants may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
If a virtual option becomes unavailable due to technical difficulties, the meeting will continue as scheduled. Residents who would like to provide a comment during the appropriate time are welcome to come to the meeting at City Hall, or email their statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting ID: 884 0115 2424
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting.
Virtual attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
- Members of the public are asked to provide their name and address with any comments.
- Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting, or during the meeting via email to email@example.com. Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment period.
Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager firstname.lastname@example.org
Brian Assmann email@example.com
Elizabeth Busch firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivia Cyman email@example.com
Maureen Eke firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Perschbacher email@example.com
George Ronan firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.