Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 14, 2022, at 7:00 p.m.
City Planner Kain and Mayor Perschbacher presented the 2021 Community Improvement Awards to the selected property owners.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
9) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held February 28, 2022.
10) Corrections to the MDOT Act 51 map and approved resolutions for same.
11) Awarded contract for 2022 Alley Reconstruction Project to Malley Construction, Inc. of Mt. Pleasant, MI and budget amendment for same.
12) Transfer of parcels from CBD/TIFA to City.
13) Set a public hearing for March 28, 2022 to obtain public input on the MDNR Trust Fund Grant application.
14) Budget amendment for preliminary design and cost estimates for Town Center civic space.
15) Amendment to the 2022 CBD/TIFA budget and 2022 general fund budget.
16) Item removed from Consent Calendar.
17) Received recommended text change to amend Article VII of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to update the definition of liquor store and set a public hearing for April 11, 2022 on same.
18) Received recommended text change to amend Sections 154.1203, 154.613 and 154.615 of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances regarding the types of improvements and applications requiring site plan review and approval and set a public hearing for April 11, 2022 on same.
19) Received City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe 2% allocations.
20) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and read, passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1075, an Ordinance to amend Section 154.414 to update band sign standards and delete reference to downtown Mt. Pleasant signage design guidelines.
Held a public hearing on Green Tree Cooperative Grocery, Inc.’s performance as required under the CDBG-RLF program. Authorized the Mayor to sign the required Action to Affirmatively Further Fair Housing form.
Awarded the contract for the 2022 Illinois Street Reconstruction Project to McGuirk Sand and Gravel of Mt. Pleasant, MI and approved budget amendments.
Approved the Resolution Authorizing the City Manager to sign the MDOT Grant Agreement for reimbursement of funds to the City for the 2022 Brown Street Reconstruction Project.
Tabled Item #16: “Recommendation from the Planning Commission to reappoint Corey Friedrich as the representative of the Planning Commission to the ZBA.” to the March 28th meeting.
Approved and conducted a closed session to consult with the city attorney regarding trial or settlement strategy the discussion of which in an open meeting would have a detrimental financial effect on the litigation or settlement position of the City and pursuant to MCL 15.268(1)(h) to discuss written confidential legal opinions with the city attorney, which are exempt from disclosure by state or federal statute.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:03 p.m.