Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, January 27, 2020, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held January 13, 2020.
2) Bid of Master Electric of Gladwin, MI for the access control system and approved the appropriate budget amendments.
3) Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the Professional Services Agreement with Mead & Hunt for Phase II of the Airport Tree Abatement Project.
4) Received proposed Ordinance to amend Title XI, Chapter 112, Section 112.03 “Medical Marihuana Facilities” of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to provide greater clarity on what materials are needed upon application and set a public hearing for Monday, February 10, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
5) Set a public hearing on the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) Infrastructure Resiliency Grant application for the Wastewater Treatment Plant for February 10, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
6) Warrants dated January 13 & 16, 2020.
Held a Public Hearing on the necessity of Special Assessment District #1-2020. Postponed action on Special Assessment District #1-2020 until more information can be brought to the Commission from staff on further options regarding lighting design and funding.
Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the Parking and Access Easement related to the 410 W. Broadway project.
Authorized an engineering services agreement with C2AE for 2020.
Appointed City Commissioners to City standing and special committees.
Appointed City Commissioners to applicable City Boards and Commissions.
Set a special meeting for April 9, 2020 at 6:00 p.m. to hold a joint meeting between the City Commission and the Planning Commission.
Set a special meeting for February 3, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. for a City Commission team building dinner.
Postponed the matter of restrictive covenant requirements associated with the Economic Development Association (EDA) Grant for Industrial Park South Detention Pond project until the next meeting on February 10, 2020 to have the City Attorney gather further information and get clarification on the restrictive covenant.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:05 p.m.