The Isabella County Materials Recovery Facility (MRF) will be closed for repairs during the week of December 13. No inbound material will be accepted, and there will be no curbside recycling collection during this time. Operations and curbside collection are slated to resume the week of December 20.
Once curbside recycling resumes, there will be an increased amount of materials due to the MRF closure and holiday celebrations. If you have extra recyclables, please place a small amount out for collection over the next several weeks, or consider dropping them off for free at the MRF. This will allow the collection crews to service each address on the route.
Thank you in advance for your assistance. Questions? Call (989) 779-5401.
During the holidays trash and recyclable materials can accumulate quickly. Below are tips to insure your trash and recycling are collected.
- All cardboard must be flattened.
- Large boxes must be cut into sections no larger than 2’ x 3’. If the cardboard is too stiff or difficult to cut up, you may drop them off at the Materials Recovery Facility (MRF), 4208 E. River Road.
- Styrofoam cannot be collected at curbside. Formed Styrofoam, from a new TV or large appliance, may be dropped off at the MRF. Packing peanuts are not accepted, consider saving them for shipping next year’s presents or use them to protect delicate ornaments and other decorations.
- Plastic packaging, such as cellophane “windows” on toy packaging should be discarded in your trash.
- Please do not overfill your trash can. If your trash can has a lid, it must fit securely. All extra trash should be placed in a City refuse bag or tagged with a City refuse tag.
- Need to dispose of old furniture or other large items? Tags can be ordered online. Once payment is received, your tag will be delivered to your door.
- Please place trash and recycling in the designated collection area no later than 7:30 a.m. on collection day.
If you have questions, please contact the Division of Public Works at (989) 779-5401. Thank you for your cooperation, and have a wonderful holiday season.