Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, April 12, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Introduced recently hired City employees Christina Parrish, Reice Hart and Heather Bouck to the Commission.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held March 22, 2021.
2) Bid of Spartan Distributors of Sparta, MI for the purchase of a Toro Groundsmaster mower and attachments.
3) Bid of ATI Group of Flushing, MI for the City Hall HVAC ductwork and both City Hall and DPS HVAC control systems and appropriate budget amendments.
4) Purchase of a plow truck cab and chassis through the MIDeal extended purchasing program.
5) Bid of Denali Construction of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the Mill Pond Park Fishing Deck Replacements.
6) Resolution to amend the water meter installation kit fee.
7) Received the 2022-2027 proposed Capital Improvement Plan and set a public hearing for May 24, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8) Authorized the City Manager to sign the sub-recipient agreement with Northern Initiatives and the Michigan Economic Development Corporation allowing the use of loan funds through June 30, 2024.
9) Resolution Extending Conditional Authorization for Recreational Marihuana Class C Grower License for Absolute Royale, Inc. at 801 Industrial Dr.
10) Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the license agreements with CMU for two additional wayfinding signs placed in the right-of-way.
11) Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the release of easement for land at Industrial Park North as presented.
12) Authorized the City Manager to sign MDOT contract #2021-0560 for reimbursement for the easement purchases and the related engineering work for the slope clearing project.
13) Allocation of funds from the WRRF to complete the carryover projects in 2021.
14) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a Public Hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1066, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCES of the Mt. Pleasant City Code of Ordinances, to rezone 1024 & 1026 S. University from CD3 (Sub-Urban) To CD-4 (General Urban).
Held a Public Hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1067, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCES, Table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant City Code of Ordinances, to permit music, art and dance studios in the SD-1 District.
Authorized a contract with Green Tech Systems LLC for the 2021 Parking Lots #6 and #8 Reconstruction Project, and appropriate budget amendments.
Authorized a contract extension with MSG of Lansing, MI for environmental consulting services at the former landfill and the appropriate budget amendments.
Approved the Resolution as drafted in support of final approval for traffic control order #2-2020.
Approved a budget amendment from the Economic Initiatives Fund for Broadway Street closure appearance and activity improvements as presented.
Authorized staff to contact property owners with projects greater than $7,500 with an offer of not filing the lien if a 25% owner contribution is paid on the project portion over $7,500 within one month of the contract.
Approved adding a program parameter for the current Neighborhood Enhancement Program which would indicate that properties funded in the first-round of grant awards would not be eligible to apply in the second round.
Approved appointments to various boards and commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Conducted Work Session discussion on
- Water Resource Recovery Facility bonding next steps; and 2) OPRA District and Policy.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:06 p.m.