Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, June 14, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Mayor Joseph read a proclamation recognizing June 19, 2021 as Juneteenth Celebration Day.
Introduced recently hired City employee Leanne Walker, Office Professional 1, PEAK.
Presentation by Lieutenant Don Sytsema on Recovery, Independence, Safety & Empowerment (RISE) partnership.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held May 24, 2021.
2) Resolution in support of Temporary Traffic Control Order #2-2021.
3) 2022-2027 Capital Improvement Plan.
4) Received a proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 10 GENERAL PROVISIONS, §10.5 DEFINITIONS and Chapter 91 ANIMALS of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant and set a public hearing for Monday, June 28, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on the same.
5) Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to execute a three-year assessing contract with Sunrise Assessing Services from July 1, 2021 to March 31, 2024 as presented.
6) Appointed Ruth Scott, MMAO Assessor of Record in accordance with State law and City Charter and appointed Heather Bouck Deputy Assessor.
7) Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to sign each of the five agreements as presented and further provide authority to the City Manager to sign future annual agreements provided the terms and conditions are the same.
8) Rescinded the Residential Alley Paving, Reconstruction and Resurfacing Financing Policy of April 9, 2018 and approved the Capital Projects Special Assessment Policy as presented.
9) Warrants and Payrolls.
Awarded contract for the 2021 City Manager Search to Walsh Municipal Services of East Lansing, MI.
Approved the resolution as presented for the one-time reduction in the payment from Charter Township of Union for fire protection costs.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(c) of the Open Meetings Act for strategy and negotiation session connected with the negotiation of a collective bargaining agreement.
Conducted a Work Session to have preliminary discussion on American Rescue Plan funding.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:53 p.m.