Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, May 22, 2023, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Approved the Agenda as presented.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
6) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held May 8, 2023.
7) Appointed Employee Delegate and Officer Delegate to MERS annual meeting.
8) Confirmed appointment of Christine Witmer as City Treasurer and Christopher Saladine, Assistant Finance Director as Deputy Treasurer.
9) Amended contract for bond counsel and municipal financial advising services with Dickinson Wright and a revised contract with Bendzinski & Co.
10) Contract with Pro Surfaces of Harrison, MI as well as a budget amendment for the conversion of the existing tennis courts at Horizon Park to four pickleball courts.
11) Contract with Grand River Construction of Hudsonville, MI for the replacement of the M-20 Pedestrian Bridge.
12) Payrolls and Warrants.
Held a public hearing and adopted a Resolution for inclusion in the DWSRF program.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1088, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 39: Human Rights of the City of Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to match compliance with changes in State law regarding gender expression and religious freedoms.
Held a public hearing on the proposed 2024-2029 Capital Improvement Plan (CIP). No action required at this time.
Held a work session discussion on sidewalk snow removal.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:13 p.m.