During the holidays trash and recyclable materials can accumulate quickly. Below are tips to insure your trash and recycling are collected.
- Trash may not exceed the top rim of the can. If your can has a lid, it must be secure.
- All extra trash must be individually tagged with a City refuse tag or placed in a City refuse bag.
- Please do not place your cans in the street. For street-side collection, cans should be placed at the edge of your driveway or just behind the curb.
- Please make sure all cardboard is flattened and no larger than 2’ x 3’.
- Extra recyclables should be placed in a weatherproof container, such as a laundry basket, extra recycle bin, etc. Trash bags should not be used for recycling.
If you have questions, please contact the Division of Public Works at (989) 779-5401. Thank you for your cooperation, and have a wonderful holiday season.