Mayor Perschbacher acknowledged Vice Mayor Olivia Cyman’s resignation from the City Commission.
Commissioner Alsager was elected Vice Mayor for the remainder of 2022 by a majority vote of the Commission.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
5) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held August 22, 2022.
6) Appointed voting delegate and alternate for the MML 2022 Annual Convention.
7) Contract extension with MMI of Mt. Pleasant, MI for municipal recycling curbside collection services for one year.
8) Contract with OHM Advisors of Mt. Pleasant, MI for design and oversight of the M-20 Bridge project.
9) Received Fall 2022 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal 2% funding requests from City Departments. 10) Received proposed 2023 Annual Operating Budget and set a public hearing for Monday, November 14, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
11) Received resolution to amend 2022 operating budget.
12) Support and approval of MPACF grant application submission for automatic CPR machines for the Fire Department.
13) Warrants and Payrolls.
Cancelled the scheduled public hearing on David Wilson’s request to consider establishing an Industrial Development District and set a new public hearing for Monday, September 26, 2022 at 7:00 p.m. on the same.
Approved resolution supporting land acknowledgement statement.
Staff directed to conduct community outreach and research signage for local roadways in regards to jake braking being prohibited within the City.
Mayor Perschbacher designated Commissioners Assmann and Eke to the Appointments Committee.
The Appointment Committee recommended and the Commission unanimously approved Jim Catlin to the LDFA Board to fill a vacancy with a term ending 12/31/24.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(1)(h) of the Open Meetings Act.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:57 p.m.