Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 22, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the Special meetings of the City Commission held Tuesday, March 2, 2021 and Thursday, March 4, 2021.
2) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held March 8, 2021.
3) Authorized the purchase of two police patrol vehicles from Krapohl Ford.
4) Bid of The Isabella Corporation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2021 Gaylord Street Reconstruction project and approved a budget amendment for the same.
5) Bid of K & B Asphalt Sealcoating, Inc. of Adrian, MI for the Crack Sealing Project.
6) Bid of The Isabella Corporation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2021 Sidewalk Project and the appropriate budget amendment.
7) Authorized an advanced commitment of 500 tons of road salt for 2022 through the State of Michigan MiDeal Purchasing Program.
8) Received recommended rezoning request from CD-3 (Sub Urban) to CD-4 (General Urban) for 1024 & 1026 S. University and consider setting a public hearing for Monday, April 12, 2021.
9) Received recommended text change to Table 154.410.A to permit music, art and dance studios in the SD-1 District and consider setting a public hearing for Monday, April 12, 2021.
10) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a Public Hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1065, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCES, §154.203.F Residential/Dwelling Use Only and §154.410.B Special Uses and Table 154.410.A Building and Lot Principal Use of the Mt. Pleasant City Code of Ordinances to permit residential/dwelling uses under certain circumstances as presented.
Approved submission of City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe two percent allocations with a summary of the Commission’s top priorities.
Rescinded the October 2015 Fair Housing Policy for the Central Business District since the Human Rights Ordinance provides appropriate guidance.
Approved the Economic Opportunity Policy for Section 3 covered contracts as presented. (CC Exh. 2-2021)
Approved the resolution defining slum and blighted areas for CDBG activities as presented.
Authorized the Mayor to sign the Agreement for Annexation and Detachment of Property with Charter Township of Union as presented.
Authorized the Mayor to sign the appropriate MSHDA documents for the acceptance of the $30,000 Neighborhood Enhancement Program Grant, approved the allocation of $60,000 of HODAG Funds and endorsed the program parameters as presented.
Approved the resolution extending conditional authorization for MI Operations LLC Medical Marihuana Class A grower license at 1110 N. Fancher as presented.
The Commission recessed at 8:11 p.m. and went into a work session at 8:15 p.m.
Conducted a Work Session discussion on Closure ideas for Broadway Street from Main to University.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:39 p.m.