Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing on Michigan Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) program application for GreenTree Cooperative Grocery, Inc. and consider approval of resolution on the same.
- Consider resolutions supporting amended rates, fees and charges.
- Water Service
- Sewer Demand
- Water Demand
- Consider resolution approving the final 2021 Operating Budget and set the millage rate for 2021.
- Consider resolution approving the final amended 2020 Operating Budget.
- Consider extension of farming contract with Robert Ervin for a portion of Mt. Pleasant Center land.
- Consider contract with Middle Michigan Development Corporation (MMDC) and appropriate budget amendment.
- Receipt of report on review of medical and adult-use marihuana ordinances.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is following federal, state and county health officials’ recommendations while still providing valuable City services.
Even though the City Commission meeting will take place as scheduled, it will be an electronically conducted meeting as allowed by Public Act 228 of 2020, allowing public bodies to meet remotely. City Commission Chambers will be closed to the public.
Citizens can watch the City Commission meeting live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Zoom Meeting information
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item may email their comments.
Attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
• Members of the public must provide their name and address with their comments.
• Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting in writing or emailed to email@example.com.
• Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
• Comments/Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org during the meeting and during normal public comment sections of the agenda.
• Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment periods.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.