UPDATED on 12/23/2020: City of Mt. Pleasant Building Closure Extended Through 1/15/2021; Full Services Still Being Provided.
In order to keep our community safe and slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is heeding the warning of federal, state and local health officials while continuing to provide important city services. Therefore, City Hall and Public Safety offices will be closed to the public until January 4, 2021. Access to city services is still available online, over the phone, or by appointment only. Residents are encouraged to conduct their city business virtually.
If an in-person transaction/service is necessary, an appointment must be made in advance. Upon request, staff will schedule an appointment within one business day. Individuals coming to a city facility for a scheduled face-to-face transaction will be required to do the following:
- Call the City staff member they are meeting from the parking lot upon arrival for their pre-scheduled appointment.
- Over the phone, the City staff member will go through a health-screening questionnaire with the visitor.
- If answers suggest a potential COVID risk, the individual will not be admitted to the building.
- If answers do not appear to present a COVID risk, City staff will meet the individual in the vestibule/lobby. Transactions and meetings will take place in this area, if possible.
- A facemask must be worn when visiting a city building.
- City trash pick-up and recycling is still taking place as per the normal schedule. There is no delay to the December 24th and December 31st pick-ups.
- City trash bags and tags are available at Meijer and Ric’s. Individual tags are available at GreenTree Grocery. If purchase of a recycling bin, City trash bags or tags are necessary at City Hall, an appointment must be made.
Christmas Tree Collection
- January 4th – 15th. This curbside collection can be utilized by attaching two trash bag tags to the tree for a cost of $6.30. These are not special Christmas Tree Collection tags.
- Trash bag tags are available for online purchase and delivery at https://www.mt-pleasant.org/residents/online_service_center/. Individual tags are available at GreenTree Grocery and City Hall by appointment. Multiple tags can be purchased at Meijer, Ric’s, and City Hall by appointment only.
Large Item Pick Up
- Tags can be ordered online. Once payment is received, your tag will be delivered to your door. https://www.mt-pleasant.org/residents/online_service_center/
The City of Mt. Pleasant will host its public meetings virtually as permitted by Public Act 228 of 2020. Citizens can watch these meetings live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment can email their agenda item comments to firstname.lastname@example.org or attend the virtual Zoom meeting.
Utility and Tax Payments and Building/DPW Permits
- Citizens can make payments via mail (320 W. Broadway Street), the City’s Drop Box located outside of City Hall, or online at www.mt-pleasant.org. An appointment must be made for cash payments.
- Building and DPW Permit requests can be electronically submitted by visiting www.mt-pleasant.org. In-person inspections will follow recommendations of federal, state and local health officials. If needed, virtual inspections can be conducted through Skype or Zoom.
COVID-19 Health Resources
The City will continue to monitor this situation and be guided by information provided by the Central Michigan District Health Department https://www.cmdhd.org/novel-coronavirus, the State of Michigan https://www.michigan.gov/coronavirus, and the Center for Disease Control & Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Information will continue to be updated and shared via the City’s website (www.mt-pleasant.org), Blog (mpcityblog.com), Facebook and Twitter accounts, MACTV Charter Spectrum Channel 188, and the Community Information Phone Line (989) 779-5320.