Here are 5 things to watch at the Aug. 14 City Commission meeting.
- Four-way stop at intersection of Washington and Michigan: In May 2017, the intersection at Michigan and Washington streets was converted from a two-way stop to a four-way stop for a 90-day temporary time period. The City Commission will consider the recommendation to make the four-way stop a permanent traffic control order.
- Grant application for new voting equipment: The City Commission will consider authorizing the City Clerk to submit a grant application to the State of Michigan for new voting equipment. The grant funding covers the purchase of the new equipment, as well as the cost of maintenance and service for the first five years. The grant is part of a statewide plan to replace aging and outdated voting equipment in all cities and townships by August 2018. If approved, the new equipment will be in place in the City of Mt. Pleasant in time for the November 2017 election.
- Delegation document for school plan review: The City Commission will consider approving the annual delegation document for school plan review. This document allows City staff to provide the review and inspection for Mt. Pleasant Public School projects planned on its facilities from Oct. 1, 2017 through Sept. 30, 2018. The City’s Department of Building Safety has provided this service to the Mt. Pleasant Schools over the past few years.
- Parks budget amendment for flood repairs: The City Commission will consider a parks budget amendment that reprioritizes fund allocations to repair flood damage in the parks before initiating some previously planned capital projects.
- Boards and commissions draft policy and updated application: The City Commission will receive and review a draft of a new policy and updated application for boards and commissions. The purpose of the policy is to provide guidance to current and future appointment committee members, as well as to the public regarding the process of filling vacancies on the City’s boards and commissions.
Immediately following the regular meeting, the City Commission will hold a work session to discuss the Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMMFLA) Ad Hoc Committee recommendation.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for August 14, 2017, click here.
Mount Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.