Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, July 11, 2022, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room, 320 W. Broadway St., Mt. Pleasant, Michigan with virtual options.
Approved the Agenda as presented.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
2) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held June 27, 2022.
3) Resolution authorizing Michigan Art and Cultural Council 2023 arts project mini-grant submission for painting the intersections.
4) Appointed Sarah Parrott as the Officer Delegate and Susanne Gandy as the alternate to represent the City at the 2022 MERS Annual Meeting.
5) Purchase of a Vacall 2023 model street sweeper through the Sourcewell government purchasing program.
6) Purchase of a Ventrac 2023 model tractor from Spartan Distributors.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1082, an Ordinance to amend §154.410.B.4 and table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances regarding child care centers and group day care homes.
Adopted the 2023 goals and objectives as presented.
Consensus of the Commission to provide a land acknowledgement resolution for adoption at a future meeting and statement to be read prior to each meeting going forward.
Discussed enforcement, speed limits, geography and attorney opinion in regards to the Motor Vehicle Code. Director Lauria will consult with the Michigan State Police and report his findings to the Commission.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to Section 8(1)E of the Open Meetings Act to consult with the City Attorney regarding trial or settlement strategy in connection with pending litigation in Pure Releaf N Union LLC v City of Mount Pleasant, 20-16511; Cedjo Services & N-East Services v City of Mount Pleasant, 20-16504; and Cary Investments v City of Mount Pleasant, Court of Appeals Case No. 357862, for the reason that an open meeting would have detrimental financial effect on the litigating or settlement position of the City; and, pursuant to MCL 15.268(1)(h), discuss written confidential legal opinions with the City Attorney which are exempt from disclosure by state or federal statute.
Adjourned the meeting at 8:59 p.m.