Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, September 27, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing on Industrial Pretreatment Program (IPP) and sewer ordinance amendments and consider approval of the same.
- Consider resolution to set fees related to the Industrial Pretreatment Program.
- Consider amended Capital Infrastructure Special Assessment Policy.
- Consider resolution #3 to proceed with improvements; consider resolution #4 to accept the special assessment roll and set a public hearing for October 11, 2021 regarding said roll for Special Assessment District #1-21 regarding pedestrian lighting.
- Consider sale of property in Industrial Park South.
- Consider acceptance of ownership of properties from Economic Development Corporation.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, as allowed under the Open Meetings Act and consistent with the Isabella County Declaration of a State of Emergency (Resolution No. 20-12-03 effective 12-15-20), the City Commission Meeting will be held virtually. The public may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Meeting ID: 810 9946 7992
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item may email their comments.
• Attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
• Members of the public must provide their name and address with their comments.
• Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting in writing or emailed to email@example.com.
• Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager firstname.lastname@example.org
Olivia Cyman email@example.com
Lori Gillis firstname.lastname@example.org
William Joseph email@example.com
Amy Perschbacher firstname.lastname@example.org
George Ronan email@example.com
Pete Tolas firstname.lastname@example.org
• Comments/Questions can be emailed to email@example.com during the meeting and during normal public comment sections of the agenda.
• Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment periods.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.