Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, June 22, 2020 at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing on a new Class C License for John G Kulhavi Events Center, Central Michigan University and consider resolution in support of authorizing the same.
- Consider acceptance of $30,000 from the Michigan State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA) for a neighborhood enhancement grant and authorize the Mayor to execute the necessary documents.
- Consider agreement with Michigan Department of Transportation Aeronautics (MDOT-AERO) to receive CARES funding for the Mt. Pleasant Municipal Airport.
- Consider site access agreement with Alltel Corporation.
To view the entire meeting packet visit: http://www.mt-pleasant.org/docs/board/city.commission/agendas/2020/6.22.20.pdf
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is following federal, state and county health officials’ recommendations while still providing valuable City services.
Even though the City Commission meeting will take place as scheduled, it will be an electronically conducted meeting as allowed by the Governor’s Executive Order and the City Commission Chambers will be closed to the public.
Citizens can watch the City Commission meeting live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Zoom Meeting information
Meeting ID: 869 8081 5198
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting.
Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item must email their comments to firstname.lastname@example.org either before or during the meeting. Individuals must include their name and address.