Here are the topics to watch at the next Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, May 26, 2020.
- Public hearing on proposed 2021-2026 Capital Improvement Plan.
- Receipt of Local Development Finance Authority/Downtown Development Authority information and ability to provide grants to local businesses.
- Consider resolution confirming administrative actions regarding recreational marijuana licensing dates.
- Consider resolution temporarily permitting outdoor business activities.
- Consider resolution in support of amending fees for summer 2020 PEAK.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during this social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is following federal, state and county health officials’ recommendations while still providing valuable City services.
Even though the City Commission meeting will take place as scheduled, it will be an electronically conducted meeting as allowed by the Governor’s Executive Order and the City Commission Chambers will be closed to the public.
Citizens can watch the City Commission meeting live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
- Zoom Meeting information
Meeting ID: 845 8763 2501
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting.
Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item must email their comments to email@example.com either before or during the meeting. Individuals must include their name and address.