Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, September 9, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held August 26, 2019.
2) Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held August 26, 2019.
3) Purchase of an additional RBC from American Resource Recovery Services of Sparta, MI and appropriate budget amendment.
4) Bid of MMI of Mt. Pleasant, MI for curbside recycling collection for 2020 through 2022 and allow for two additional one-year extensions.
5) Purchase of trailer from Pro-Tainer of Alexandria, MN and trailer from Scientific Brake of Mt. Pleasant, MI and appropriate budget amendment.
6) Purchase of two 2020 International HV507 SFA plow truck cab and chassis from Tri County International Trucks of Jackson, MI.
7) Contract with Fleis & Vandenbrink of Grand Rapids, MI to perform engineering services for the Multi-Jurisdictional Storm Water Master Plan project.
8) Continuation of purchase-buyback program with Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI for sixteen (16) 2020 pickup trucks.
9) Resolution approving contract with MDOT for trunkline maintenance.
10) Received proposed 2020 Annual Operating Budget and set a public hearing for Monday, November 11, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
11) Resolution to amend 2019 Operating Budget.
12) Received fall 2019 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal 2% funding requests from City Departments.
13) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and passed Ordinance 1046, an Ordinance to repeal Title XI, Chapter 115 RECREATIONAL MARIHUANA ESTABLISHMENTS and add a new Chapter 115 RECREATIONAL MARIHUANA ESTABLISHMENTS of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to allow certain establishments to be operated in accordance with state law.
Held a public hearing and passed Ordinance 1047, an Ordinance to amend the Zoning Map of Chapter 154: Zoning Ordinances of the Code of Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to rezone a parcel of land at Canal and Riverview from CD-3L to CZ.
Held a public hearing and passed Ordinance 1048, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 154, Subsection 154.114 – Non-Conforming Lots, Uses, Structures & Improvements of the Zoning Ordinances of the City of Mt. Pleasant to regulate the reconstruction of certain non-conforming parking areas.
Approved the purchase of two Ford F-450 cab and chassis from Krapohl Ford of Mt. Pleasant, MI (replacing July action) and the appropriate budget amendment.
Adopted the standard MERS resolutions to allow offering 401 and 457 deferred compensation plans effective January 1, 2020 as presented and authorized the Finance Director to execute any necessary documents with MERS. (CC Exh 8-2019)
Received revised assessment roll and approved amended Resolution #5 for Special Assessment #1-18.
Conducted a work session discussion on 2019 Goals.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:00 p.m.