The City is offering up to 150 households within the City limits 30 minutes of no fee brush chipping during the week of October 7. Brush chipping will be completed at curbside only, no alleys. Reservations will be accepted beginning September 23 until October 1 at 4:30 p.m.
Reservations can be made in person at City Hall, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, online at www.mt-pleasant.org/departments/division_of_public_works/ street/services_and_programs.asp, or by calling the Division of Public Works, 989-779-5401.
Brush Chipping Guidelines:
- Brush must originate from the property.
- Brush should be placed at curbside only, no later than 7:00 a.m. on Monday, October 7. Brush that is placed at curbside after this date and time will not be collected/chipped.
- Brush should be neatly piled with the cut or broken ends facing the street. Brush piles must not obstruct any sidewalk, right-of-way, or view of traffic. Non-compliant piles will not be chipped.
- Brush will be chipped during the week of October 7, and not necessarily on Monday.
- Brush only please – grass clippings, leaves, roots, weeds, vines, flowers, wire, trim board, fencing, building materials, dead animals, etc. are not permitted.