Mayor read and presented proclamation recognizing Kris and Mike Roethlisberger’s service to the community.
Introduced new Water System Operators Jason DeFeyter and Tyler Heard.
Introduced new Assistant Public Works Director Jason Moore.
Carey Hammel, Director MAC TV Network, gave a presentation on what MAC TV does for the City of Mt. Pleasant and community.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held October 8, 2018.
- Minutes of the closed session of the City Commission held October 8, 2018.
- Authorized a contract with R & T Murphy of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2018 leaf hauling and for 2018-2019 snow hauling.
- Approved a five-year contract with Vredeveld Haefner LLC of Grand Rapids, MI for audit services with option for financial statement preparation if desired.
- Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign any closing documents regarding the purchase of easement for Parcel E-17 from Frontier Communications.
- MDOT Resolution authorizing the approval of a contract to receive funds for the acquisition of an easement for approach slope clearing.
- Resolution supporting fees and charges for the Learn to Bowl program.
- Warrants and Payrolls.
-Approved the amended Rear Yard Sanitary Sewer and Sewer Lead Serving Multiple Buildings Policy with amendment.
-Authorized the City Manager to sign a one-year agreement with EAA and also authorize the City Manager to sign subsequent leases if the terms remain unchanged and request the City Manager bring back a report to the Commission annually with the amount spent by EAA on maintenance and promotion before the renewal is signed.
-Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign an amendment to the June 2013 Real Estate Purchase Agreement with Mr. Joe Olivieri to waive the requirement of building a spec home in 2018.
-Authorized the fireworks display on Saturday, December 1, 2018 and approve a sole source contract with Wolverine Fireworks Display.
-Authorized staff to issue a refund for the six properties that were incorrectly classified in the Principal Shopping District assessment roll between 2008-2017 and the appropriate budget amendment from the Principal Shopping District assigned balance.
-Held a work session discussion on the 2019 Operating Budget.
Adjourned at 10:08 p.m.