The video of the Aug. 14, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Aug. 14, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Authorized the Mayor to sign a letter of intent from the City in support of the Mt. Pleasant Housing Commission’s grant application to HUD.
2. Received petitions and communications.
3. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held July 24, 2017
- Minutes of the special meeting of the City Commission held August 7, 2017
- Resolution in support of final approval of Temporary Traffic Control Order #5-2017
- Resolution regarding grant application for new voting equipment
- Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign a five year contract with CMU for copier leases
- Authorize the Mayor to sign the annual delegation of School Plan Review and Inspection Authority for the Mt. Pleasant Public Schools
- Appoint Chris Saladine as Employer Delegate and Shar Rappuhn as alternate to represent the City of Mt. Pleasant at the Municipal Employees’ Retirement system (MERS) annual meeting
- Confirm appointment of Nancy Ridley as voting delegate for the Michigan Municipal League (MML) annual meeting on September 13, 2017
- Payroll and warrants.
4. Authorized a contract with ATI Group of Flushing, MI for chiller repair.
5. Authorized a contract with Johnson Door and Central Vac. Systems of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the replacement of twelve garage doors at the Public Safety building and the appropriate budget amendment.
6. Approved the policy and procedure for public inspection and copying of assessment records as presented.
7. Reprioritized parks budget allocations as recommended.
8. Received the proposed policy and application for boards and commissions.
9. Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(d) of the Open Meetings Act, to discuss the possible purchase or lease of real property.
10. Conducted a work session on Michigan Medical Marihuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMMFLA) Ad Hoc Committee recommendation.
11. Adjourned at 9:48 p.m.