Mount Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.
Here are five things to watch at the March 13 City Commission meeting…
- Special Meeting: Prior to the start of the regular meeting, a special meeting with the City Commission and Planning Commission will include a presentation on new regulations for medical marijuana facilities licensing, followed by a discussion of next steps for the City. (See the agenda for the Special Meeting here.)
- Presentation of 2016 Community Improvement Awards: Since 1979, the Planning Commission has presented Community Improvement Awards for rebuilt or renovated residential and/or commercial properties. These awards are a way for the Planning Commission to thank and acknowledge the property owners for investment in our community and making our neighborhoods better places to live.
- Schedule public hearings regarding housing license fees and fines: The City Commission will consider setting public hearings for March 27 on the proposed rental housing licensing fees to be implemented July 1, as well as the new penalty amounts for owners and property managers who fail to obtain housing licenses.
- Renewals of facility agreements with community organizations: The City Commission will consider the renewal of a five-year facility agreement with the Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan for the Jane Harris Girl Scout cabin located in Chipp-a-Waters Park. The Commission will also consider the renewal of a 10-year facility agreement with the Mt. Pleasant Lions Club for a storage building at Pickens Field.
- Bids and quotations: The City Commission will consider approving a number of bids and quotes recommended by City staff for the following purchases and/or services:
- Grounds Mowing
- High Service Pump Rehabilitation
- Primary Sludge Pump Replacement
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for March 13, 2017, click here.