Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, August 12, 2019, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held July 22, 2019.
2) Resolutions to adopt and implement a local pavement warranty program.
3) Receive proposed map amendment to rezone the property located at the northwest corner of Canal and Riverview from CD-3L, Sub-Urban Large Lot to CZ, Civic Zone and set a public hearing for September 9, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on the same.
4) Receive recommended text change to section 154.114 to regulate the reconstruction of certain non-conforming parking areas and set a public hearing for September 9, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on the same.
5) Receive proposed amendment to Chapter 30 subsection 30.04 – Agenda of the Mt. Pleasant City Code regarding the addition and or deletion of agenda items and set a public hearing for August 26, 2019 at 7:00 p.m. on the same.
6) Authorize the Mayor and Clerk to sign the Agreement with Renaissance Public School Academy for PEAK services for the 2019-2020 academic year.
7) Approve the appointment of Mayor Will Joseph as the voting delegate, representing the City of Mt. Pleasant at the Michigan Municipal League annual member’s meeting and appoint Vice Mayor Lori Gillis as the alternate.
8) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing on intent to designate a Neighborhood Enterprise Zone. No action taken at this time.
Held a public hearing and approved the resolution designating a Commercial Redevelopment District (CRD) West Broadway Commercial Redevelopment District No. 1 as presented. (CC Exh. 3-2019)
Heard appeal to the removal of dangerous trees on private property under City Ordinance 99.11 Tree maintenance, obstructions prohibited and reversed the request for the tree removal and asked that the property owners provide a written report to the DPW Director annually regarding the health of the tree.
Approved a resolution in support of exploring the creation of a recreational authority as a means to advance community dialogue regarding an aquatic center.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
Accepted the initiative petition received under the MRTMA and approved the ballot language as presented for the November 5, 2019 election.
Held a work session discussion on recreational marijuana.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:17 p.m.