Here are the topics to watch at the next in-person, as well as virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, February 28, 2022 at 7 p.m.
- Consider setting a public hearing for March 14, 2022 as required for Green Tree Cooperative Grocery, Inc. through the Michigan Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program.
- Consider approval of spending plan for PEAK Childcare Stabilization Grant funds and consider budget amendment on the same.
- Correspondence from City Engineer Stacie Tewari regarding downtown alley reconstruction project fire suppression evaluation.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City Commission Meeting will be held in person in the City Chambers/City Hall (320 W. Broadway Street) with virtual attendance options as well. Non-voting participants may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
If a virtual option becomes unavailable due to technical difficulties, the meeting will continue as scheduled. Residents who would like to provide a comment during the appropriate time are welcome to come to the meeting at City Hall, or email their statement to email@example.com.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Meeting ID: 837 8040 6267
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting.
Virtual attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
- Members of the public are asked to provide their name and address with any comments.
- Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting, or during the meeting via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment period.
Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager email@example.com
Brian Assmann firstname.lastname@example.org
Elizabeth Busch email@example.com
Olivia Cyman firstname.lastname@example.org
Maureen Eke email@example.com
Amy Perschbacher firstname.lastname@example.org
George Ronan email@example.com
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.