CITY OF MT. PLEASANT HOLIDAY HOURS
City offices will be closed on Monday, July 5, 2021. Refuse and recycling pick-up will be delayed one day all week.
FOURTH OF JULY FIREWORK REMINDERS FOR THE CITY OF MT. PLEASANT
A person may only discharge or use consumer fireworks on private property on June 29 – July 4 from 11 a.m. – 11:45 p.m.
Individuals should not ignite, discharge, or use consumer fireworks, homemade fireworks, articles pyrotechnics or display fireworks on public property, school property, church property, or the property of another person without permission to do so.
Violations shall be punishable with fines of $500 up to $1,000.
Additionally, a minor shall not possess, ignite, discharge or use consumer fireworks. Fireworks shall not be used while a person is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance, or during times when a burning ban has been established by the National Weather Service in Grand Rapids, MI. For a list of burning restrictions by county, visit http://www.dnr.state.mi.us/burnpermits/.
For those planning on discharging fireworks this July Fourth holiday, please follow the City regulations as stated above, and practice these safety tips:
1. Read and follow all warning and instructions.
2. Never allow children to play with fireworks of any kind.
3. Wear protective clothing, including eye wear.
4. Only light devices on smooth, flat surfaces away from residential areas, dry leaves and flammable materials.
5. Always keep a hose or bucket of water nearby in case of malfunction.
6. Never try to re-light fireworks that have not fully functioned.
The best way to protect your family is to avoid the use of fireworks at home entirely.