Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, February 22, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held February 8, 2021.
2) Bid of Central Asphalt of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2021 DPS Parking Lot Mill and Resurface project.
3) Authorized the confirmation of the MERS Agreement Addendum for deferred compensation plans by Finance Director Mary Ann Kornexl as presented.
4) Appointment of Cory Friedrich as the representative of the Planning Commission to the Zoning Board of Appeals for a one-year term as recommended by the Planning Commission.
5) Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 52: WATER, §52.12 Cross Connections and §52.29 Right of Entry of City Employees of the Mt. Pleasant City Code of Ordinances and set a public hearing for Monday, March 8, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
6) Received proposed ordinance to amend Chapter 154: ZONING ORDINANCES, §154.203F Residential/Dwelling Use Restriction, §154.410.B Special Uses and Table 154.410.A Building and Lot Principal Use of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances to permit residential/dwelling uses under certain circumstances as recommended by the Planning Commission; and set a public hearing for Monday, March 22, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
7) Warrants and Payrolls.
Authorized the Mayor to sign the appropriate documents for a drain easement across Mission Creek Park as presented.
Confirmed the appointment of Heather Bouck as City Clerk and Chris Saladine and Mary Ann Kornexl as Deputy City Clerks.
Conducted a work session discussion on goals/objectives.
Conducted a work session discussion on work session schedule.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:32 p.m.