Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, December 14, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held November 23, 2020.
2) Minutes of the electronically conducted closed session held November 23, 2020.
3) Bids for 2021 Waste Water Treatment Plant treatment (bulk) chemicals.
4) Bid of Greenscene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for the 2020-2021 snow season.
5) Resolutions supporting amended rates, fees and charges:
a. Water Service Fees
b. Sewer Demand
c. Water Demand
6) Resolution to approve the final amended 2020 Operating Budget.
7) Authorized the Mayor or City Manager to sign the interlocal agreement for the designated assessor as presented.
8) Authorized the Mayor and City Clerk to execute an addendum to the existing contract with Mr. Ervin for an additional one year ending December 31, 2021.
9) Set the first City Commission meeting of 2021 for January 11, 2021 at 7:00 p.m.
10) Warrants and Payrolls
Held a Public hearing on Michigan Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Revolving Loan Fund (RLF) program application for GreenTree Cooperative Grocery, Inc. and approved the resolution in support of same.
Approved resolution approving the final 2021 Operating Budget and set the millage rate.
Authorized the Mayor to sign a three-year contract with MMDC for economic development services and the appropriate 2021 budget amendment.
Received and discussed report by City Planner Kain on review of medical and adult-use marihuana ordinances. No action by the Commission required at this time.
Failed motion to consider each appointment to various city boards and commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee individually.
Approved appointments to various city boards and commissions as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Reviewed report on City Manager evaluation and determined no wage adjustment would be made at this time.
Cancelled the meeting of the Mt. Pleasant City Commission scheduled for December 21, 2020.
Authorized Finance Director Mary Ann Kornexl to approve the issuance of payrolls and warrants from December 15, 2020 through January 11, 2021.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:07 p.m.