Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, September 14, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
James McBryde, President of MMDC gave a quarterly update on MMDC activities.
City Planner Kain gave an update on the 2020 Census progress.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held August 24, 2020.
2) Minutes of the electronically conducted Closed session held August 24, 2020.
3) Authorized the purchase of an unmarked (non-patrol) vehicle through the MiDeal program.
4) Received proposed amendment to Article VII: TRAFFIC CODE, Chapter 71 PARKING REGULATIONS, Sections 71.27 and 71.45 of the City Code of the City of Mt. Pleasant Code regarding parking and snow emergencies and set a public hearing for Monday, September 28, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
5) Set a public hearing for September 28, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. for Gursky Limited, LLC (Motorless Motion) as required through the CDBG program.
6) Authorized a three-year agreement with Consumers Energy for continued participation in their demand response program.
7) Received proposed 2021 Annual Operating Budget and set a public hearing for Monday, November 9, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. on same.
8) Resolution to amend 2020 Operating Budget.
9) Received Fall 2020 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal 2% funding requests from City Departments.
10) Warrants and Payrolls.
Approved service contract at 0% PILOT with 5% service fee for first five years and reset to 10% PILOT after five years in regard to the Mt. Pleasant Housing Commission’s potential purchase of property at 1414 West Broomfield.
Approved the contract amendment with Fleis and Vandenbrink for $20,600 for the multi-jurisdictional storm water study and the appropriate budget amendment.
Approved the resolution as presented authorizing the Mayor to sign the easements for the Isabella County Drain Commissioner for the Mission Creek Drain and the supplemental agreement as presented. (CC Exh. 11-2020)
Approved a contract amendment with L.D. Cocsa for the 1MG Reservoir Bypass Project and the appropriate budget amendment.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(h) of the Open Meetings Act to consider material exempt from discussion or disclosure by state or federal statute.
Postponed the work session discussion on Potential Property Maintenance Ordinance.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:08 p.m.