Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Tuesday, May 26, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Jim McBryde, President of MMDC and Erin Strang, President of CMURC gave a presentation on Local Finance Development Authority.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held May 11, 2020.
2) Bid of Watertap, Inc. of Wixom, MI for water main valve insertion.
3) Bid of IRT Commercial Services of Traverse City, MI for the Riverside Cemetery Mausoleum Roof Replacement and appropriate budget amendment.
4) Resolution in support of Traffic Control Order 1-2020.
5) Resolution confirming recreational marijuana application dates as presented – (CC Exh. 5-2020).
6) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing on proposed 2021-2026 Capital Improvement Plan. No action required by the Commission at this time.
Received LDFA/DDA information and ability to provide grants to local businesses.
Denied proposed reduction of the tax capture of the LDFA to 20% for 2020.
Approved resolution temporarily permitting outdoor business activities as presented – (CC Exh. 6-2020).
Approved resolution amending fees for summer 2020 PEAK.
The Commission recessed at 9:12 p.m. and went into a work session at 9:20 p.m.
Held a work session discussion on the proposed 2021-2026 Capital Improvement Plan.
Adjourned the meeting at 10:10 p.m.