The City of Mt. Pleasant has contracted with Republic Services to conduct a one-time special curbside pick up for recyclables. This collection, within the city limits, will take place on your regularly scheduled recycle pick-up date during the week of May 18, 2020.
Please place your items at the usual pick up point (curb or alley) by 7:00 a.m. on your usual scheduled pick up day. All usual City recycling guidelines are still in effect.
Based on the high volume of recycling to be picked up it is possible Republic Services may not be able to totally complete the collection on the scheduled pick up day. If that occurs, please leave your bin out overnight so the remaining recycling material can be picked up the next day.
- All cardboard must be flattened and stacked.
- All recyclable material should be placed in a blue recycle bin or near a blue bin in another container. A cardboard box may be used as a container for this pick up only. Plastic bags are not permitted.
- Remove tape and staples from paper, and cellophane envelope windows before recycling.
Items which will NOT be picked up:
- Pizza boxes and other food boxes.
- Shredded paper
- Large metal objects
- Colored glass
- Kleenex, paper towels, and used personal products, such as diapers and wipes.
- Wax or plastic coated cardboard/boxboard, such as milk and juice cartons, laundry soap boxes, and dog/cat food bags or water softener salt bags.
- Metal cutting strips from aluminum foil and similar boxes are acceptable, but must be removed and included with your tin and aluminum recyclables. The boxes themselves can be included with your cardboard.
- Plastic shopping bags.
Curbside recycling pickup will remain suspended after this one-time special pick up. Further announcements regarding the opening of the Isabella County Material Recovery Facility, and resumption of curbside recycling collection will be shared via the City’s website (www.mt-pleasant.org), Blog (mpcityblog.com), Facebook and Twitter accounts, MACTV Charter Spectrum Channel 188, and the Community Information Phone Line (989) 779-5320.