Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, January 13, 2020, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
Commissioner Joseph was elected Mayor for 2020.
Commissioner Perschbacher was elected Vice Mayor for 2020.
Adopted resolution setting time and day of regular meetings.
Mayor Joseph read and presented a proclamation in support of Peacemaking Recognition Day, January 20, 2020, to Laura Gourlay of the Mt. Pleasant Public Schools Peacemaking Committee.
City Clerk Howard gave an update on the 2020 Census.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held December 9, 2019.
2) Bid of Fisher Transportation of Mt. Pleasant, MI for street sweepings disposal for 2020 and 2021.
3) Bid of Green Scene Landscaping of Mt. Pleasant, MI for 2020 and 2021 grounds mowing.
4) Bid of Ted’s Electric Service, Inc. of Midland, MI for the removal and replacement of two generators for the Wastewater Treatment Plant and the Pickard Street Lift Station and authorized the budget amendment.,
5) Resolution establishing authorized City signatories for MERS documents.
6) Resolutions #1 and #2 To Commence Proceedings for Special Assessment, Tentatively Determine the Necessity, And Set a Public Hearing for January 27, 2020, Regarding the Necessity of Special Assessment District #1-20.
7) Appointments of City Officials to applicable City boards and commissions for 2020.
Authorized the Mayor and Clerk to sign the contract amendment with McKenna Associates and authorized a budget allocation from the Unassigned Fund for the same.
Adjourned the meeting at 7:44 p.m.