Beginning the week of Oct. 23, residents who live within City limits may begin raking their leaves into low piles in the street for the City to collect the following week in a citywide sweep. The full leaf collection schedule is as follows:
- Week of Oct. 23: Rake leaves into low piles
- Week of Oct. 30: Leaf collection week
- Week of Nov. 6: Rake leaves into low piles
- Week of Nov. 13: Leaf collection week
- Week of Nov. 20: Rake leaves into low piles
- Week of Nov. 27: Final leaf collection week. (Leaves left in the street after crews have made their final sweep will not be collected and are the responsibility of the homeowner.)
Please rake leaves in low piles into the gutter and close to the curb. Please avoid covering storm sewer catch basins. To prevent causing a traffic obstruction, do not place the leaf piles too far out into the street.
On High and Pickard streets, where traffic prohibits leaves in the gutter, leaves may be piled on the rights-of-way between the curb and sidewalk.
In uncurbed areas, leaves should be raked into the streets along the street shoulders.
Yard waste bags should not be used. Leaf piles must not contain yard waste or brush.
Questions may be directed to the Division of Public Works at (989) 779-5401.