The video of the Aug. 28, 2017 City Commission meeting is available here.
Below is the Summary of Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, Aug. 28, 2017, at 7:00 p.m., in the City Commission Room.
1. Received petitions and communications.
2. Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
- Minutes of the regular meeting and of the closed session of the City Commission held August 14, 2017
- Resolution authorizing an amendment to the Standard Lighting Contract between the City and Consumers Energy for new LED street lighting at Mission and Preston and Mission and Bellows
- Received proposed Ordinance to Amend Title XIII, Chapter 131, §131.04
DISCHARGING FIREARMS OR OTHER DEVICES of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to allow
for indoor shooting range within the City limits and set a public hearing for September 11,2017 at 7:00 p.m. on same
- Approval of easement purchase agreement
- Resolution authorizing the submission of a grant under Section 19 of Emergency Management Act
- Payroll and warrants
3. Approved option to move forward with a proposed Emergency Ordinance to amend Title V, Chapter 54: STORM WATER MANAGEMENT of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to change the requirements of when compliance is required for parking lot only projects as well as authorizing waiving the $250 fee if Faith Lutheran Church decides to go to the Building Board of Appeals
4. Approved the policy and application for Boards and Commissions to provide guidance to current and future appointment committee members, as well as the public regarding the process and add a check box to the application for boards and commissions for renters within the City of Mt. Pleasant
5. Set a special meeting for Monday, October 30, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. to discuss the 2018
6. Conducted a work session on sidewalk snow removal
7. Adjourned the meeting at 9:37 p.m.