Here are 5 things to watch at the April 10 City Commission meeting…
- Great Lakes Restoration Initiative (GLRI) tree planting: The City Commission will consider authorizing a bid award for the purchase and planting of new trees and vegetation along portions of the Chippewa River. This project is part of the GLRI Grant Program in cooperation with the Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe to improve the Chippewa River corridor.
- Capital Improvement Plan: The commission will receive the 2018-2022 capital improvement plan, which details the projected infrastructure projects for the next five years. A public hearing will be set for May 22 to obtain public input.
- Adult Softball League fees: The commission will consider an adjustment to the team and participant fees for the 2017 Adult Softball League. These recommendations are based on the goal to have the adult leagues be self-sustaining for the direct costs, a comprehensive review of the City’s expenses and projected number of teams, and new rental rates implemented by CMU for use of its fields.
- Brush pick-up options: The City Commission will consider authorizing a one-time service of brush pickup for residential units in the City during the week of May 15, 2017.
- Appointments to Michigan Medical Marijuana Facilities Licensing Act (MMMFLA) ad-hoc committee: Mayor Kathy Ling will announce the appointment of the members of the MMMFLA ad-hoc committee.
To see the full City Commission agenda and packet for April 10, 2017, click here.
Mount Pleasant City Commission meetings are held at City Hall on the second and fourth Monday of every month. Meetings begin at 7 p.m.