Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, September 13, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Public hearing on a redevelopment liquor license for TNC Holdings and consider resolution on the same.
- Public hearing on special assessment roll for Special Assessment District #2-21 and consider approval of resolution #5 for approval of the roll and setting of payment terms for Special Assessment District #2-21 for Principal District Shopping special assessment.
- Public hearing on an application for transfer of Industrial Facilities Tax from MAC Liquid Truck Trailer.
- Consider resolution to rescind the revocation of the Dayco Industrial Facilities Tax (IFT) abatement.
- Consider resolution in support of transferring the Dayco Industrial Facilities Tax (IFT) abatement to MAC Liquid Truck Trailer (MAC LTT).
- Consider employment agreement for City Manager position.
- Consider approval of amended Outdoor Dining Policy and resolution temporarily permitting the approval of permanent outdoor dining areas under administrative review.
- Receive proposed 2022 Annual Operating Budget and set a public hearing for November 8, 2021 on the same.
- Receive fall 2021 Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribal 2% funding requests from City departments.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, as allowed under the Open Meetings Act and consistent with the Isabella County Declaration of a State of Emergency (Resolution No. 20-12-03 effective 12-15-20), the City Commission Meeting will be held virtually. The public may view the meeting live on the City’s YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/, on Spectrum Charter channel 188 or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Meeting ID: 850 0212 7622
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
• Attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
• Members of the public must provide their name and address with their comments.
• Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting in writing or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager email@example.com
Olivia Cyman firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Gillis email@example.com
William Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Perschbacher email@example.com
George Ronan firstname.lastname@example.org
Pete Tolas email@example.com
• Comments/Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org during the meeting and during normal public comment sections of the agenda.
• Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment periods.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.