Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, March 8, 2021, at 7:00 p.m.
Steve Hall, Health Officer with Central Michigan District Health Department gave an update on COVID-19 in Isabella County.
Julianne Pastula, general counsel for Michigan Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission (MICRC) gave a presentation on the new process for redistricting which was passed by voters in 2018.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held February 22, 2021;
2) Bid of M&M Pavement Marking of Grand Blanc, MI for the 2021 Pavement Marking Project Bid;
3) Bid of Prein & Newhof of Grand Rapids, MI for the design and construction engineering for the 2022 Brown Street Reconstruction Project and authorized a 2021 budget amendment for same;
4) Authorized a two-year contract (2021-2022) with McLaren Central Michigan HealthSteps for wellness programming;
5) Received City requests for Saginaw Chippewa Indian Tribe 2% allocations;
6) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a Public Hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1064, an Ordinance to amend Chapter 52: WATER, §52.12 Cross Connections and §52.29 Right of Entry of City Employees of the Mt. Pleasant Code of Ordinances.
Approved a five-year contract with HydroCorp of Troy, MI for the Cross-Connection Inspection Program as presented.
Approved the contract for the 2021 Storm Sewer Extension Project with The Isabella Corporation of Mt. Pleasant, MI as well as a budget amendment.
Approved the resolution extending the temporary permitting of outdoor business activities to November 15, 2021 as presented. (CC Exh. 2-2021)
Approved the purchase of easements for parcels E-19, E-20 and E-21 and authorized the Mayor and Clerk to execute the closing documents.
Approved a contract amendment with C2AE of Lansing, MI for the completion of the Water Reliability Study.
Approved budget amendments for 2020 projects as presented.
Conducted a work session discussion on CMU class report regarding data for owner-occupied incentive program.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:44 p.m.