Here are the topics to watch at the next virtual Mt. Pleasant City Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, February 22, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Consider additional drain easement to the Isabella County Drain Commissioner for Mission Creek.
- Receive an ordinance to amend sections 52.12 and 52.29 of City Code regarding cross connections and set a public hearing for March 8, 2021.
- Receive an ordinance to amend sections 154.203.F and 154.410.B and Table 154.410.A of the Mt. Pleasant Zoning Ordinances to permit residential/dwelling uses under certain circumstances and set a public hearing for March 22, 2021 on the same.
- Consider confirmation of appointment of City Clerk.
To view the entire meeting packet visit:
How to follow public meetings during social distancing:
In an effort to slow the spread of COVID-19, the City of Mt. Pleasant is following federal, state and county health officials’ recommendations while still providing valuable City services.
Even though the City Commission meeting will take place as scheduled, it will be an electronically conducted meeting as allowed by Public Act 254 of 2020, allowing public bodies to meet remotely. City Commission Chambers will be closed to the public.
Citizens can watch the City Commission meeting live on Spectrum Charter Channel 188, web streamed at https://www.youtube.com/user/MtPleasantMi/ or via Zoom.
Zoom Meeting instructions via computer, phone, or dial-in number are as follows:
Zoom Meeting information
Phone dial-in: (312) 626-6799
Audio and video will be muted for members of the public and then unmuted by the host during public comment periods.
- For participants accessing via computer or smartphone please use the “Raise Your Hand” icon to indicate you would like to speak. First, click on the “Participants” icon at the bottom of your screen. Next, click on the “Raise Your Hand” icon near the bottom right corner of the screen.
- To raise your hand for telephone dial-in participants, press *9.
- Members of the public may be muted or removed if using abusive language or if they become disruptive to the meeting. Any citizen desiring to make a public comment on an agenda item may email their comments.
Attendance to the meeting and participation during public comment periods will be conducted as follows:
• Members of the public must provide their name and address with their comments.
• Comments/Questions may be sent ahead of the meeting in writing or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Individual commissioners can be contacted at the following email addresses:
Mary Alsager email@example.com
Olivia Cyman firstname.lastname@example.org
Lori Gillis email@example.com
William Joseph firstname.lastname@example.org
Amy Perschbacher email@example.com
George Ronan firstname.lastname@example.org
Pete Tolas email@example.com
• Comments/Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org during the meeting and during normal public comment sections of the agenda.
• Comments sent via email will be read aloud to the Commission during the public comment periods.
Persons with disabilities needing assistance to participate may call the Human Resources office at (989) 779-5314. Persons requiring speech or hearing assistance may contact the City through the Michigan Relay Center at 711. A 48-hour advance notice is necessary for accommodation.