Summary of Minutes of the electronically conducted regular meeting of the City Commission held Monday, November 23, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.
Received petitions and communications.
Approved the following items on the Consent Calendar:
1) Minutes of the regular meeting of the City Commission dated November 9, 2020.
2) Bids for 2021 Water Treatment Plant treatment (bulk) chemicals.
3) Bid for a brush chipper from Bandit Industries of Remus, MI.
4) Purchase-buyback program with Krapohl Ford for the addition of two trucks and the renewal of two trucks.
5) Confirmed the trade-in of a 2017 tractor and the purchase of a 2020 tractor from John Deere.
6) Resolution in support of final approval of TCO #3-2020.
7) Authorized the Mayor to sign a letter of support for the $30,000 Neighborhood Enhancement Program grant application.
8) Authorized the Mayor to sign a one-year letter of agreement extension to the labor agreement with the TPOAM group.
9) Warrants and Payrolls.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1061, an ordinance to amend Section 154.405.A to update standards in the CD-3L, CD-3 and CD-4 zoning districts regarding residential housing standards.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1062, an ordinance to amend Chapter 150 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to create a new division entitled “Property Standards” to regulate property conditions, to amend Section 150.99 and to repeal and relocate the regulations in Section 96.09 pertaining to inoperable vehicles.
Held a public hearing and passed, ordained and ordered published Ordinance 1063, an ordinance to amend Chapter 50 of the Mt. Pleasant City Code to amend the regulation of accumulation of solid waste and associated penalties.
Approved resolution for solid waste trash cart fees.
Set a public hearing for Monday, December 14, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. for the application of GreenTree Cooperative Grocery for a loan through the CDBG Revolving Loan Fund Program.
Approved reappointments to various boards and committees as recommended by the Appointments Committee.
Approved and conducted a closed session pursuant to subsection 8(d) of the Open Meetings Act to consider the purchase or lease of real property.
Work session discussion on the proposed 2021 Operating Budget.
Adjourned the meeting at 9:43 p.m.